Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Monday, October 23, 2006

all that running around ...

My day is finally done and boy what a day it was ..... Its the eve of the Eid and i am heading for my grandma's in a while - right now just waiting for the car to come pick me and auntie up.I am exhausted seeing i have been cleaning and running around pratically all day.

After work today i headed to IKEA to get some vases and baskets and a little palm tree. i was trying to to some feng shui for my house so a palm tree is a good choice of indoor plant.I got some scented vanilla candles too umm umm umm they smell so good .... What really tired me out about this trip to IKEA was the long que at the check out and the amount of people who was there - - - the car park que was long as was the taxi stand. There was a little traffic jam and i was stuck in a cab with its meter running pretty fast but the uncle was kind enough to give me some discount as well as an informative ride. From Tampines all the way to Alexandra we got into intellectual conversations about singapore politics, the IMF ,and the ongoings in Singapore among other things - coffee shop talk i learnt alot about and dont think i should be posting them- his right to privacy tho ...

Anyyways ....... after a fun hour at IKEA i headed towards Tiong Bahru Plaza and got myself a french manicure by then it was already pretty late and but i was having such a good time i just took my time window shopping before heading to Simei - needed to get more stuff there and after walking about for about 20 mins i realized it was close to breaking fast so i ended up breaking my fast at burger king - burger and fries and green tea .....

I met my ice cream auntie too . She is the lady who sells ice cream outside the train station. She is really nice - she gives me free ice cream sometimes ... i enjoy sitting with her at her ice cream stand and just talking - she is friendly to everyone who goes buys ice cream from her. Even her friends say so. Anyways when i met her she was nice to offer to hang on to my shopping bags while i did my errands at Simei - i thought that was really sweet of her and she even offered me ice cream *smiles*.. anyways i think i should pack for her some cakes & cookies and give them to her when i go to Simei next week ...

I didnt want to miss the first takbir ( a special kind of prayer heard only during Eid) of the eve and i rushed back .. i made it just in time and i just choked cos i was alone at home - second Eid eve where my mom spent it at my grandma's - i was also a little sad that i could spend the last day of breaking fast with my mom and i was also thinking of my dad and my aunt who has only recently passed away. We believe that when the first takbir is being recited, the spirits will return after watching over their family - i feel the sense of him being around and it was just a sad moment so i cried alone ... it happens but then my mom called from my grandma's and i was happy again- up and about cleaning and decorating my house - Eid songs was playing on the radio so that got me in the mood again .....

My aunt called and said the ride should be here a little after midnight so hence we waited .. we got to Johore at about 130 in the morning - Thank God there was no traffic jams .. My grandmother's house was decorated with pretty lights and everyone seem to still be awake - we hung out and talked before going to bed at 3am ... exhausted and sleepy after all that running around ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home