Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

remembering giving ...

29 Day Giving Challenge - what a great idea. I love the slogan 'changing lives one gift at a time'. i am glad i stumbled across this site - feels like an answered prayer. Sometimes when youre in a rut or when your creativity is at a stand a standfill, you need a cause, a direction and some positivity and i am sure i found it. i have to agree with the groups founder that the best way to solve/ alleviate our problems is by helping others and this of course includes all the curve balls that live throws. I feel when you do something nice for someone, your spirits replenished its like going to a spa to get rejuvenated except you know when you give you make someones else's life a tad better.
I am still thinking of what to give so i might start my challenge a day or two later...

While i was looking through the site, thoughts of giving people in my life came to mind. My mother, my late grandmother and my uncle who gives unconditional without expecting or requiring anything in return. It also reminds me of my late grandfather who use to cook for hundreds of people every Friday and of course grandma and the rest of the family was involve in this. On Fridays too he would give out money to the people who came to his shop .. These days my uncle gives food to the people at the mosque every Thursday. My mom's way of giving from what ive seen is compassion. When someone needs something from her she doesnt think twice to help, she is always giving her time to visit friends or family who are sick in hospital inspite of her own health concerns - i feel that that can be constituted as giving too right?

Its really comforting to see there are many giving people in this world and people who actually care - gives hope personally for me and faith in people especially seeing the state the world is in .

Thats it for now a little introduction as to what is going through my mind and what i am thinking of right now. Maybe i can dream of ways i can give and hopefully start my challenge and get family, friends and maybe the little kiddies at school to get into it.

i cant wait to start this :D ..

Thanks Cami for coming up with this great challenge.

peace .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home