Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Morning Blurbs

i woke up to sounds of drills and pounding arghhhhhhhhhh ............ wished it was the chirping of birds that woke up but alas contractors doing their job on the 4th floor. The neighbors are doing home renovations so there will be noise for a while ... The contractors are usually not allowed to work weekends at housing estates and there rules for drilling and what not by occupants but i guess no ones following the rules this time around but its fine i would probably get used to it after a while just need to tune up the TV and music a little louder than usual..

So its another Saturday morning end of the month again - time really flies its scary sometimes – and with all the violence in the world you wonder if there is a time where people don’t grieve or are confronted with the unexpected which it seems these days are not a good things, it seems people are getting crazier, wars are getting angrier everything that is bad seems to be getting younger and more sophisticated, the advancement of science have obviously been misused .. anyways If I look at the world as it is this morning it will be utterly depressing and seeing that I want to preserve the weekend I will try not to dwell on it …

And it’s the weekend and moms here which is really nice. We were planning on what to cook since last night not sure what we would make so in the end we decided to make fried rice. Chinese style fried rice eaten with fried chicken or even great on its own. I tried this recipe sometime back and it was a hit so I figured I would try it again I will post it on a later blog seeing I need to run to the market to get some of the needed ingredients ..

Anyways mom & I had our usual conversations and we talked about my 12yr old nephew and his heart condition which is getting worst. He has been really sick the past two weeks and have been missing school. He was born with a heart defect and one can only begin to imagine how his life has been. The doctors recommended surgery but his parents are not for it. The first surgery was hard enough as it was I guess now they leave it in the hands on fate. Please keep him in you’re prays that he will be healthy and be able to live life like a normal 12 year old. He will be a teenager officially on the 26th of April I am sure he is looking forward to that day. I must say he has grown since his baby days lol I guess when you live apart and see each other on occasions they grow up without you realizing it. What was really heart wrenching about this whole thing was when he said to his mom that it was better if he died cause of the pain he was feeling .. I am not a mother but I am sure that is the last thing anyone mother would want to hear from her son … I know I cannot fathom how my aunt and uncle must be feeling but as a cousin it is heartbreaking cause he is a sweet kid.. I can only hope and pray for his health and for us to be given strength to deal with this ..

Well anyways that’s it for now .. I am off to the market with my t rusted grocery list ready to face the crowd. Trust me the market Is packed even at noon time – I think it’s a weekend thing that’s when people go marketing and this particular market I go too is usually visited by people from outside this neighborhood too so I am on my marketing adventures .. taa taa for now ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home