Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dear John , be a Goddess ...

Nothing beats starting the day out with a nice cup of coffee, pleasant company and books – books reviews that it. Checking through my email I received Borders bookstore mailer with coupons and book reviews which I always love. I found two books that caught my eye and am seriously contemplating on buying them. But the thing is I still have my Love in Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez to read and I am half way through reading The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho. These books are on my top 5 reads I hope to read by the end of the year so I do believe I am half way there. The other two books , Pay it Forward & Infidel I cant seem to get them here. and I have trimmed down my goals to read the top 5 books – but you never know , I rambled on too much off track .. :D

Anyways back to the 2 new books I am keen on purchasing. One of them is from Nicholas Sparks writer of The Notebook and my ever favorite tear jerker Message in a bottle which made me cry my eyes out heehee what can I say the movie & the book in some ways hit home. His new book sort of hits home too (after reading the synopsis that is) so I am keen on actually reading it – I think a little story book romance (literally) doesn’t hurt maybe it would actually do wonders for the soul. The title of this is simply ‘Dear John’

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life - until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who has captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter reads... and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love - and face the hardest decision of his life.

Another book that caught my eye is Goddess - be the woman you want to be. I think what struck me about this book was its cover then again you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but after reading the synopsis I think it would be worth it seeing its all about empowering women. Seeing it will 2008 in a few weeks the book would be perfect to start the year with – heh a new and improved groovy island girl .. ;)) .. Maybe ill just go and check this book and see if its really what the synopsis says it is ..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Goddess by Elizabeth Wilson

With its insider advice from more than 30 authors along with top celebrity secrets, Goddess contains all the inspiration you need to be smarter, sexier, more charismatic and endlessly creative. Whether it's a pay rise you're after, taking your love life to a new level, creating your dream garden or getting the dimples out of your bum cheeks - you will find the ultimate empowering tool to gain a simpler, more fulfilling, more successful and more exciting life!

And so its decision making time .. if I take that step and head out to Borders I know I am going to end up buying more than those two books and I still have another book waiting to be read .. what can I say im a book junkie …. Hmmm what to do what to do ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home