Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

mommy's glare

Its a beautiful Saturday morning, the start of my very long school vacation and my attempts at healing and getting into the groove of writing again maybe that will help me take my mind of the loss of grandma recently.

I thought id start my blog with a little update from my favorite panda mei lan . she looked cute from Fridays updates and i thought her antics yesterday was adorable. i know i could relate to it. Lord knows theres been days when my own mom has glared at me the way lun lun glared at her own daughter. Mei reminds me of me when im trying to hide from mom when i get myself into trouble no hiding behind bushes more like behind sofas or completely out of sight heehee..

Pandas are so much like us especially when it comes to child rearing and being protective of their new borns. They show love and affection in a diffrent kind of way though no verbal they still feel it that love that bond. Maybe they do communicate verball in their own special panda language. A bond between a mother and child is a very special thing. No matter how the affection is shown or not, they love is still there and never dies. I am not a mom but when i am in class teaching i feel like i more than a teacher. The kids pay attention to you, they definitely wants your attention and expects you to tend to their every whiney demand heehee which its ok. They want them to heal their boo boos, expect you to comfort them - i think i many ways thats what a mother does. They love their kids even when they mess up and proud as a peacock when they have accomplished something. Thats how i feel about my little pre schoolers. I think i miss them already ;)) So anyways heres the update on my favorite panda and her glaring mom.. Have a great weekend all..

November 16th 2007

This morning showed me that I think Lun Lun is starting to get a little annoyed with Mei Lan. Of course, when Mei is up, she wants to play a lot or nurse. Lun, though, is not as obliging as she has been in the past, but Mei still does all she can to get a reaction out of her mom. Anyway, back to my point, when they were being put outside this morning, Lun was ready to go, being near the door, and Mei was down the hallway. Once the door was opened, Mei came running toward it, but Lun stopped her with a glare. She just turned her head and stared at Mei, causing her to stop dead in her tracks. Then, Mei turned the opposite way and walked away, while Lun headed out into the habitat. It took another 30 minutes for Mei to head out and rejoin her mother, which of course, delayed my routine by that much. I had never seen Lun do this before; in the past, she had pushed Mei off, but nothing like this. We’ll just have to wait and see if this is a continuing trend or just a one-time thing.
Joseph T. Svoke
Carnivore Keeper II

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home