Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Friday, September 28, 2007

15th Ramadan

Today i am just tired. Beat. Drained. Physically. A little mentally. Not thinking about anything just a normal tiring and long day. we did the school up for a children's day party we are having tomorrow, we baked some cookies for the kids and i am glad no cupcakes this year (don’t get me wrong cupcakes are my specialty & I love making them ………. ) but i am just way tired or not getting enough sleep which is obviously my own fault but anyways we made up for the absence of cupcakes with cookies and candy - which i think isn’t so bad as long as I get to bring home some ;)) …

Tomorrow being a half day – I am giving myself a treat. An ‘Iffa time ‘ is when I shut off the world and turn off my cell phone and go out and do my thing. Be it getting lost among the book shelves at Borders, or burying my self in my personal journal or a good book. Seeing its day time and I would be fasting coffee is then out of the question …. :D … the last time I had a day to myself I felt so recharged so I am thinking this will help too maybe tomorrow I will just go where my feet takes me.


Yesterday morning while we were having our morning meals, it rained – hard. When I looked out my window I could see the trees swaying and water beating against the pavement. The sound of the falling rain, which is always music to my ears, was accompanied by the sound of the rumbling thunder. As we were eating the sound of an airplane flying close by made me wonder if it was arriving here or leaving for some strange exotic place uniting people with their love ones here or abroad….. The rain stopped for a while today only to return later in the evening this time even stronger with even louder sounds of thunder and flashes of lighting. If I was preparing food for the fast, there was a good chance I would have just jumped right into it ;)). One of my many things that makes me come alive. Playing our in the rain, jumping in puddles of water, letting the rain fall onto my face as I look up at the sky, the strings of wonder beating against me – ahhh yes sheer bliss……………


Mom left she is at grandmas. I will be joining her over the weekend more of the cuties ;)) all 3 of them …. And we will be getting another addition to the cuties clan soon seeing my recently married cousin is pregnant – it’s so nice. More cuties to spoil and share and cuddle and what not.


Certain life events changes our lives, makes us look at things from a different angle. If all our live we have been such and such, major events would make us want to change for the better. And I think I recent weeks and months I have seen that happen personally in my own life and the lives of friends. I can easily link this to the power of prayer because when you have people you care about all you want is what is best for them. If they have made mistakes and realized what they have done all you want is to help them open their eyes I guess this where the power of prayer comes in. you ask them to see the light and incredibly when an event close to home hit them, maybe just maybe its God’s way of opening their eyes up and realizing. Just a thought …..


To end today’s entry I would like to touch a little on the sermon just before iftar. It was about the heart & the tongue and a person’s character can be easily said by how his heart is and his tongue is. What he says of others, the judgments, the assumptions. It’s crucial to protect the heart and tongue so that we can protect ourselves from bad mouthing or judging others or even having ill feelings towards others. We have all been guilty of this at some point myself included and being as human as we are, sometimes it’s unavoidable but sometimes once we say what we think we look back only to regret it. It is a difficult situation given the state of the world that we live in now.


I think the whole point of the sermon was to not assume the worst about a person just by what he wears, or what he does or even his actions. Giving people the benefit of the doubt is encouraged. Every action probably has a logical explanation – why people act and do what they do though are some actions which are just sheer foolish and down right barbaric as in killing in the name of religion, fighting for a cause they have no idea about, using a term like jihad so loosely and not know what it really stands for and so on. These actions and anything along that line obviously has no basis for giving them the benefit of any doubt if they feel killing innocents is a way of getting a message across – I think ill stop here before I get carried away .. :D


So anyways unless we have a reason to get upset with someone which leads us to judge and condemn them, I think we should just give them the benefit of the doubt. Like always things like this are never easy but I think it doesn’t hurt to try. If we did I think we would all be happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home