Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Friday, September 29, 2006

.. bring on the weekend ..

.......End of the week--- FINALLY!!!!! ....... long weekend for me -- yay!! and today marks the end of the 6th day of the fasting month - actually moments away into the 7th .. ive been a busy little bee all day today even though school was only up to 11am - now i am exhausted but i cant sleep so i figured id ramble about my day ..

It was a nice morning - Children's Day celebrations - we had a class party(balloons, streamers & what not) - the kids sang and dance,watched cartoons, ate junk food and had lots of fun - it was their day so they could pretty much do what they want as long as it is within the boundaries set .. They were all smiles when they left for the week with presents in hand .. sometimes when i look at the kids i think how nice it must be them - carefree no repsonsibilities and when they go home today they can do anything they want - sleep all day play all day .. no worries - ahh yess the life .. and at the same time they are so privileged living in an enviroment so peaceful , enjoying their childhood to the max ... i sometimes wonder if they realize how lucky they are ... do their parents remind them .. or at least tell them .. i hope they do ..

Well anyways, away from all that fun, jumping about, cute laughing faces- i got a tad bit edgy towards the end of the day at home. i just got so quiet - i think i was just tired and in pain - & i get agitated when i want to do something nice for my house i repeat my own place and people are giving me their negative unwelcome comments like its a waste of money and what not .. helloooo.. its my money !!!! - that just gets to me ... they come up with all sorts of negative things to say and not being supportive - and the last thing i need when im tired is that - but knowing me i couldnt stay upset at them lol .. my biggest flaw it seems ....

I didnt talk much for a while though i did cook a middle eastern dish called 'ishbilaham' i think thats how its spelled - its a recipe from my aunt (not sure if she created it herself or got it from someone. One thing about my aunt is that wherever she travels too and tries something delicious she would actually ask for the recipe and she is a fantastic cook! Back to the dish - its basically a three tier dish - the bottom a bread base the second layer minced beef with spices, tahini (sesame paste),kucai (a kind of local herb), ginger & garlic paste, the third layer is sliced tomatoes and topped off with beaten eggs - the whole thing is then baked and eaten with a sauce with is made of tomatoes, green chillies & apple cider vinegar. There was a side of cucumber and lettuce.Everyone enjoyed the dish especially me *grins* cos the last time i had it i only had a slice & it was like pure gold so i figured since i like it i might as well try to make it myself and guess what? it worked - so again im happy inspite of being tired and edgy ..

My mood however began to pick up as the night progressed after i relaxed for a little while and got my system running ...i blame lethargy for my mood :P...

i just realized my blog is like a cooking blog or a food blog lol .. it seems to be all about what i have been making and eating for the past few days ... i hope i dont put on weight this ramadhan - heck the whole idea is to loose weight and get healthy - seems like i dont like seeing food go to waste i end up finishing it up lol my diet seems like a light bulb. My mom commented today she said .... "seems like you are going to put on some weight just in time for the Eid seeing that you eat the cookies that you bake for the festival" lol "i wasnt thrilled about that" lol im like telling her nah i wont lol am i lying to myself? hahaa..

i spent the evening helping mom make holiday cookies, did some laundry and cleaning - and like always mr wonderful pops up in my mind .. well anyways, tell me when he doesnt? lol maybe when im praying :P when the focus has to be on praying itself .. ... sometimes i think he is like a microchip thats been implanted in my head lol some pushes a button and thoughts of him comes to mind lol but this time its felt by the heart too .. :P like always ... then again im not complaining ..

The weekends here ..... and i have things lined up ..work related n non work related matters - i do hope i see "c" online if not i hope he is keeping safe. We are going to see festival lights this weekend woo hoooo!!! and aside from that i hoping for some major r & r.. & do more things in and about the house - not much for r & but I am still so ready for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! says the kitty and I....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home