Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Friday, September 01, 2006

september morning ....

Good morning September! Happy Teachers Day to all teachers! Today is your day so relax, enjoy and be merry hehee...

I had a bunch of funny dreams last night which i am choosing not to recall lol it was freaky i would with half a dozen people i dont know lol .. i know there was marriages, friends, family, food and guys i dont know lol - i think my minds on overload lol anyways.. woke up relatively early and with coffee in hand i am planning my menu for my lunch get together with my gf's tomorrow ...- i figured i had it done but i am making changes and looking for recipes - Guests includes my best friend , her mom and a an old friend from school - i am pretty excited about it. I havent had a lunch party in a while - nothing beats cooking for my guests and enjoying their company so i am pretty excited about it .. i can hear my mom ( who is in the living room) talking about my aunt who has passed away - now i remembered that i dreamt of her last night too.. she was talking and at the wedding was as if she was still around - i think too its because i was looking at old pictures of the family with my mom - a deja vu moment ...

Im doing a Mediterranean/Arabic/Mexican combo for my party which i think is kinda diffrent - one of the dishes is a traditional family recipe the rest a combination of things i find and have tried in the past .. tentatively my menu right now is as follows ...

Starters :-
Pita wedges with hummus or maybe veggie & cheese kebabs

Main Course:-
Shabshukah (family recipe)
Mediterranean pasta salad or
fresh green salad or cool cucumber salad (leaning towards this actually)
Spinach & feta cheese (great accompanyment to the shabshukah)
French loaf

Dessert:-
Kek Singkep (moms recipe)
Vanilla & lime Flan

so thats what it is for now .. i think when i print out the menu i can finally decide what the final menu would be .... so now its time to print, ponder & head out to the market n start the party processing .. im so excited!! ;) .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home