Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

..end of the school holidays ..

Today marks the end of the school holidays - its back to work tomorrow - sorta yay! Monday who likes them anyways heehee... anyways .. tomorrow is the first day of school, the IMF/World Bank Annual Meeting 2006 starts tomorrow and guess where its held? Right here on this island state - and security is really tight ... And tomorrow too marks the 5th anniversay of 9/11 - may the souls of those who perised rest in peace and may the ones who survived or have lost loved ones be given strength and courage as they face this anniversary and all the days that follows... ..

What can i say i had a pretty good school vacation - i wish i could say i am recharged - i am far from that - the engagement in itself took up a lot of my energy - mind you we dont cater - the women in my life cook and do all the preps themselves - its an age old thing something i think slowly but surely the younger generation picks up on ... Today was basically cleaning up from yesterday - taking things down, folding carpets, keeping things and relaxation. I think everyone slept in today and took naps in between the daily tasks - which was understandable and my little niece and grandma was of course being their cute selves .....

I think this whole being a mom thing is hitting me hard -- just looking at kids and how my cousin is with her daughter , being called mom , having that little life that is yours to raise and love and care for and to enjoy the little moments that bring about so much joy ... My niece was in a loving mood today more than usual and that just really got me all warm and fuzzy. She would just come to me and kiss me for nothing and then runs along to play ..... she comes and said to me in her cute baby voice 'i want to stay with you today ok? when you you go home to singapore i want to come with you and we can eat chocolates'.. so she tagged along wherever i went .. when i was laying down watching tv in my grandmas room she sat at my head and starting combing my hair - i was enjoying it - imaging how wonderful it would be to be a mom ... she combed and stroked and twisted then suddenly she just laid her chin on my forehead - an affectionate gesture - she just kept it there then i just hugged her and she sat on my belly and started to kiss my eye, my nose, my mouth and then just hugged me and said i love you ......... awwwwwwwwww.. i just hugged her tight relishing every second of that ... the little things that kids do ...She did that for a couple of times - and then her uncle called her out .. when she left all i could say was i want a kid so bad .. hheeheee.. mine my own .... *sigh* .. it seems like that filled the whole weekend too .. that longing for a child... i do know deep in my heart that with one my whole life would be complete at least that part of it ..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home