Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Monday, September 03, 2007

I wonder

I wonder, a whole lot, with a child like curiosity, looking at the world for the first time. Just wondering & questioning. I have been told a million times I ask too many too questions and question too many things. Can’t help it really – that’s just part of who I am – that’s what makes me Iffa. I think and yes I do stop thinking sometimes when I am too tired – I kind of switch off the brain for a few and then when charged I am off again thinking kinda like a battery being charged energizer bunny brain if you have to compare *giggles* .

Anyways in the past two years of so I have been bombarded with my own questions on why things are the way they are, why things happen they way they did and why not otherwise. So while on one of my many escapades, to my favorite cozy spot at Starbucks Raffles City (yes I hang out there so if you’re there say hello that is if you can recognize me hahaha .. ), I came up with this poem. I wrote it last year back in April when I questioned God, I question faith, fate…. It’s the many wonders I had and still have while I was sitting there enjoying my favorite cup of coffee while watching the world go by .. Its simply entitled.. ‘I wonder”

I wonder

I wonder why coffees called coffee

Why tea is called what it is

Why some coffee is hot while others are not

I wonder why a child pulls away, when a parent tries to hold on to his hand

I wonder why it rains heavily in some parts

And scarcely when it’s needed.

I wonder why children have to suffer

When it’s the adults who starts the games of war.

I wonder why if faith was to give a peace of mind,

Why is there blood on it?

I wonder why we consider ourselves humans

Yet we commit such savage acts

I wonder why ants come into our homes

Even when they know they would get killed

I wonder why friendships die when one starts to love the other

I wonder why they can’t be a place

A happy & safe place for all the old people,

A place they can grow old without pain or illnesses

I wonder why some people can drink milk

While others can’t

I wonder why we had to meet,

Only having to say goodbye

I wonder why two people who are so right for each other

Are in a situation so wrong

I wonder why love has to hurt

When it’s the most wonderful feeling in the world

I wonder why time is of the essence,

When there used to be time, but now there isn’t

I wonder sometimes why we get inspired

And the ideas flow like a waterfall coming from the highest peak

And yet there are days when it’s as dry as a creek on days of drought..

I wonder why things happen they way they do

If a Higher power knows what the outcome would be..

I wonder why we find the one we’ve been looking for

Only to find we can’t be with them

I wonder.. just wonder.. wonder why ..

©me.iffa/april17th06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home