Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Monday, October 01, 2007

just a monday

Happy Monday! Happy Children’s’ Day! Happy Start of a brand new week!
Another Monday ends, so does the 19th day of Ramadan. Next ten days will be the most important and crucial of days in this month. One of these nights holds the night of power one of the most powerful night. During the next ten nights people will be pushing themselves to the limit in their prayers & supplications because prayers, supplications, good deeds and remembrance of Allah (dzikir) will bear more fruit than any other day or night.

Today is Children’s Day for kids and kids at heart ;)) well I made up the former. School is out for today. Here in Singapore it’s celebrated on October 1st unlike other places which celebrate it in June. We had the celebrations for the kids at school last Friday. I am thinking it was a long weekend of celebration for these kids, sleeping in, not having to wake up for school – happiness for them ;)) .. For the teachers too lol . I am just tired and all I can think about is vacation vacation vacation – even for a day ill take it - I guess I’ve set my mind for vacation mode ;)) ….. Only 45 more days to go *rolls eyes*

Much of today was spent un cluttering and some reading and lots of relaxation and yet its all never enough. I want more time more time ;)) .. I have to start doing some major cleaning before the eid and I have about 11 days to do it. sounds like a lot of time – but in between work and the cakes I am not so sure but then again some of us work well under pressure :D ……….


I actually enjoy cleaning un cluttering whatever you want to call that moment when you are very domesticated – even in spite of the dust and sweat you still feel like a domestic goddess *grin* . Un cluttering helps clear the mind, I think it gives you a sense of renewal when you either throw or give away things you’ve had. Call it spiritually cleansing through cleaning & giving ;)). I actually enjoy cleaning lol arranging and re arranging things. I mean this is my home if I don’t clean it who will right?


I have not really been in the blogging mood – could I be all blogged out? Is there ever a situation like that? I am not even very excited about the coming Eid. I don’t know why – maybe so much have been happening I think I am just way too over whelmed to feel anything. If there is one person who is excited about the coming festival is my mom. I just smile and go along with whatever she wants.


I think I am going through that phase again.. I need to rekindle my passion, reclaim my muse & awaken my spirit … any ideas how??? ;)) .. Though time on a deserted paradise island with my hearts desire would do the trick …


Nites world .. blog ya laters ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home