Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Random Tribute to Zahara...


Zahara

Flower Beauty Star .. those words describe my beautiful ati zara as she is affectionately known to us. She was fair like snow a real beauty if you asked me. She takes after my grandmother and was my grandmothers favorite daughter too. She doesnt talk much , quiet, always in the background kept to herself. She was a gentle soul like most women were yet strong willed. The fighting spirit of the women in the family. ran through her veins as she battled cancer she kept fighting and fighting until it was time for her to go .. Her name is Zahara .. in Arabic that means flower, beauty ,star - the meaining that suits her so well .. A second child in a family of seven siblings , she was loved by all who knew her. She never knew how to fight back . Her life was .... full ... she gave she prayed. she was a good person never bothered anyone never hurt anyone. that was her.special. in her own little world. in her own little way. that was her life a good clean life.... She was dutiful wife. A wonderful mother. There is so much to remeber about her and as days go by memories come flooding back .... I remember her love for chocolates especially the ones with honeycomb in the middle i remember her early morning calls to my mom which waked the whole household up i remember her voice when she call out to us to do something for her.. I remember he love for shopping and when she would asked me to check things out for her here in Singapore - she lives in malaysia. i remeber what a morning person she was up at 430 and early to bed too at 930 i remember her battle with cancer trying out modern & traditional medicinei remember what a fighter she was in combating cancer i remember her enthusiasm when her daugther turned 40 & we were organzing a party. i remember the calls she made to my mom - joining in the excitement.i remember the last time i saw her ... at my cousins 40th pretty as a picture .. .. It is hard to believe that she is gone.. I sometimes hear her .. see images of her .. She stayed with me and mom for a while while getting medical treatment here ... images of those times fresh in my mind ... as i walk around the house. My mothers sister. Confidant.best friend. my ati zahra.it all seems so surreal.... I wish i had seen her before she died but from what i was told her death was quick and peaceful. It was as if she was ready to go.. Now all her pain is gone ... she looked beautiful .. peaceful at the funeral .. at ease .... as she lay there.. may she rest in peace & may God bless her soul ..

photocredits:- Igor Levashov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home