Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

lactose or not ..........

.... my worst enemy apart from myself would be milk - ahh yes the stuff that good things are made of or not. your calcium base drink that keeps your bones and teeth strong, helps you sleep, etc etc etc ... wish it was my friend too heheee... the lactose in the milk just kills it for me .... my lactose intolerant world ... i can enjoy cakes that has milk , i can even enjoy cheese and ice cream but when it comes from milk in its natural form it just makes me sick .. maybe i am just weird ....

but anyways ......

i tried risking it with milk today ............. standing at the counter @ starbucks i knew i was not in the mood for cofffee rather soy latte ( thats a first for me ....... ) . wanted something milder more relaxing and green tea suddenly sounded so appealing .. Starbucks makes a mean green tea frap - the color is so inviting and top it off with whipped cream ahhhhhhh bliss ....... the only thing that sucks about this is the low fat milk content that they use grrrrrrrrrrrrr........ just my luck so i thought ....... the barrista was patient enough ( it pays to be a regular tee hee...) so in the end i told him lets risk it ... give me one of those .... and one of them green tea frap did i order...



i actually survived it for a little while .... lol or so i thought lol i got a little sick after that but not as bad as when i drink a grande latte .... but i got the great taste of green tea maybe thats all that matters as crazy as that may seem ...... its back to soy latte for me .................. for now ......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home