Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Warm & fuzzy courtesy of Paulo Coelho

A little something warm & fuzzy before bed so I can have sweet dreams. A story of love and thoughts of a special someone are just some of the things that sweet dreams are made of. Here is a short story taken from Paulo Coelho’s book which I was flipping through today. It’s guaranteed to get you all warm & fuzzy. Enjoy the story ….


On My Way to the Chicago Book Fair …


I was flying from New York to Chicago to attend the book held by the American Booksellers Association.

Suddenly, a young man stood up in the isle of the plane and announced:


“I need twelve volunteers each willing to carry a single rose when we get off the plane”


Several people raised their hands. I did too, but wasn’t chosen.


Even so I decided to follow the group. We landed, and the young man indicated that a young woman in the arrivals hall at O’Hare airport. One by one, the passengers presented their roses to her. At last, in front of everyone, the young man asked her to marry him, and she accepted.


And the air steward said to me:


I’ve been working here for years, and that’s the most romantic thing that has ever happened in this airport.’


Story taken from :

Like the Flowing River – Paulo Coelho

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! amazing story!
I also love the work of Paulo Coelho!!!! Do you know that he is launching his new book, The Witch of Portobello, through his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com?
I found it out because i'm inscibed to his newsletter http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
it's simply wonderful!
have a nice day!

Monday, June 25, 2007 8:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home