Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Monday, September 17, 2007

a blog for my friends..

It’s a beautiful Monday afternoon.. Lunch time here at school but since its Ramadan I have this time to mess around on the computer heehee .. Nah not really. I have some rest time so I figured I would blog a rather important blog.

First up I am feeling much better, it’s a new week, it doesn’t hurt to feel optimistic and hope for the good. I did much reflecting last night thanks to “C’s advice and I did see things a little clearer, I saw more than I bargained for and I think that’s a good thing and that in so many many ways woke me up on a positive note, made my day a lot more positive and knowing I have friends who genuinely care is a plus.

This blog is just for me to say a big THANK YOU to my friends who took time to care, its people like you that make things better and the whole internet experience a positive one. I realize we all share more than we think in terms of our life’s experience and we learn so much from each and about each other and at what I would consider my dark moment you were there – thank you. Friendship with all of you what can I say – priceless and ALL of you know who you are – no modesty here ;))..


And to “C”, in spite of the brat I have been thank you for that very powerful email you sent and thank you for believing in me after all this while. You have always been the one person who could help me make sense of things, a kick in the butt if you could call it that, and no one has come close since then and I think you know how much of an impact you have had in my life, I am thankful that that fateful day in October our paths crossed. It wasn’t a smooth road but with all the bumps it was a worth while one, because the good times definitely over took the bad.


And i am happy to say that sis Ann's husband is out of the hospital and back home. he came home on 1st Ramadan - isnt that such a blessing. i know there have been many of you who have had her in your prayers, and i wanted to say thank you for that too. the power of friends, faith & prayer do go a long way.


And yes I am back from my little weekend getaway with three of the cutest people I know – my grandma, my niece Safa and my very adorable and chubby nephew Ali. In their own little ways, they have managed to make a weekend that I had almost given up on into something nice. Mom was right; when you have kids the comfort they bring is amazing.


Things are better, there are the little loose ends that i need to tie up, but God willing everything is starting to take shape. A few more tears, a few more hurts and sad moments than I reckon ill be as good as new but don’t worry I’d still be smiling!


So that’s it from me . now back to work, I love you guys bunches!

Blog ya laters..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home