Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Aba...


Happy Birthday Aba .. though you are no longer with us you are constantly remembered in heart in mind in soul ..
Today would be my dad's 76th birthday if he was still alive .. I miss him especially on days like these (his birthday) and on father's day. I was closer to him than anything and he showered me with so much love
and affection. I miss his smile( i miss that about him the most).. his funny ways, his sense of humour, how he scolded my teacher for hitting me on the head (go dad!) ... He had love that would cover the whole universe over and over for my mom and me. He was a loving , caring and devoted husband to my mother. He loved her more than life itself .. everytime she talks about him i can feel what they shared & i think they are two of the most luckiest people to have found each other. To me he was a strict father(realizing later in life that it was for the better), yet playful loving and made sure i got the best of everything - and no i am not a spoilt brat and i dont get everything i want :P .... . I miss our trips to the park or fishing at the jetty at East Coast Park or just memories of waiting for him to come back from work, rushing to hug him and what not, memories of having lunch with at Ponderosa when i got my PSLE results.. just the little things that miss doing with him .. I miss having a father around - someone to put me in my place - give some advice on men Lord knows i needed that and maybe helped in making some choices in my life.. I think even after all this years i still find something missing and i think its him ... He was one with good advice and everyone loved him.... When we talk of him it is always of good things - how friendly he was with people, his good nature won him many friends and i think what struck out the most about him was how he cared for my mom - i have yet to see a man who is that with his wife ..... All in all he was a good man .. God sent in some respect. My mom's soul mate ...
I know he looks down on us everyday - saying a prayer ... making sure we are ok and on this day i wish him a happy birthday .. letting him know we are ok .. that we miss him and he is thought and kept in our hearts and prayers everyday ........ and how much we love him ...
I love you aba ..
May you rest in peace , be in His mercy and care...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home