Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

fur sunday

And today I didn’t sleep in. and it’s a Sunday morning a beautiful one at that. i went to bed early yesterday i was way tired for some reason i think i was mentally drained maybe im all blogged out heehe i hope that doesnt ever happen but anyways early to bed did i go and early to rise did i ...

And what could be more wonderful aside from that phone call to wake up too? Give up? A picture of ‘C” in your email box *giggles*. He obviously still looks good as usual and that smile ;)) when i look at him there is something positive up lifting about him .. umm err I think I am in trouble now. *grins*

Anyways I didn’t sleep as well as id like to seeing that I kept waking up and having these really weird dreams – it’s the same in terms of theme – trying to save the innocents again – I am starting to wonder what is up with those dreams. Anyways …



I am not sure what my plans are for today but I have this feeling in my bones that it will be another great day.*knock on wood* don’t want to jinx it. Oh I remember now I was going to unclutter the books ,journals and all that stuff area of my room. Heh well see ..



Today I was reading on the panda updates something which I do everything and learnt something new about the panda’s fur. As smooth as it looks it’s actually course ;)) who would have guess sure does give new meaning to the phrase looks can be deceiving. Anyways as course as Mei Lan’s fur might be, I would still love to cuddle her she’s is just too cute. Anyways for those interested parties here is a little excerpt from the panda updates …( I just realized even pandas have blogs just how cool is that)



Saturday, May 26

I don’t know if it has been covered in previous updates, but we have all been getting a lot of inquiries about the panda’s coat. The most asked question is how the pandas fur feels, and is Mei Lan’s coat any different than the adults. Also, people wonder just what we do to keep our pandas so clean and pearly white. The answer to the first question is different than most people think. Although their fur looks nice and soft, it is in fact quite course, thick and wiry, and Mei Lan’s fur is exactly the same as the parents. As for cleanliness, the benefits of the fur being course and wiry is that nothing really sticks to it. They can come into their dens for the evening covered in mud and clay, but by the next morning, all of that clay and dirt has dried and has fallen out of their hair, making the pandas look as good as new. The only grooming technique that I have seen them use is simply scratching, which I can’t say they are doing for grooming reasons or for just easing an itch. Either way, they don’t really do much else in the way of maintaining their cleanliness. I just thank goodness that they are low maintenance in at least one area of their care.

Kenn Harwood

Large Mammal/Carnivore Keeper III

Source:- http://www.zooatlanta.org/animals_giant_panda_cub_updates.htm



I am staying away from the news all together this morning seeing that its too good a morning to be faced with the sadness of the world around us so I will save it till later when I am more awake and alert. I am having tea this morning – the Chinese energy boosting tea that my cousin was talking about. It seems to work and it doesn’t taste bad either considering that’ it’s made from Chinese herbs which can be pungent and bitter for a lot of the time.



I am going to have some breakfast now .. blog ya laters world and thank you heavens for a beautiful ,peaceful day in my part of the world ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home