Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

a day of many things

It’s a beautiful Thursday evening, 8th day of Ramadan; I have just enjoyed a nice iftarwith my mom & my aunt. We had a simple dish of roast beef on garlic bread and a side of greens. Healthy and whole some. My aunt brought over some yummy grapes and some Indian savory cakes. It’s made from a kind of chickpea flour I think and it has spices and onions and curry leaves. The cake is shaped like a donut, have a piece of shrimp on it and its deep fried to perfection. Its best served hot and with a piece of green chili for those who dare. Here is a picture of the dish I am talking about ..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So after that, and doing all the things that comes with Ramadan, did the dishes and ta-da here I am all set for my favorite time of day – no not the internet hahah my blog time … :D


But first here is wishing my friend from the Philippines Evelyn a very Happy Birthday today! She turns hush hush today ;)). She is a real nice lady and earlier this year I had the chance to meet in her person during her vacation here. It was a real memorable meeting though for a short time. She is actually my first friend from the Philippines who I have had the pleasure of meeting face to face. Hopefully there will be more meetings like these with her but till then ……..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was another Thursday gone & one more day to the weekend yay! Time to catch up on sleep speaking of which I am attempting to try to sleep before 1230am today – I wonder if I can do it… maybe a cup of chamomile will help and some lavender oil. I am too wide awake right now to reach my 1230am target but I will attempt – keeping my fingers crossed.. ;)).

At school we lost another rabbit…. L .. This is the second time we lost a rabbit this year. I don’t get it why the rabbits keep dying on the kids and we keep replacing them. Its pretty tough on the kids losing their pet but I guess they need something to look forward too in the outdoors and a rabbit is the most practical pet we can think of for a school environment like ours. I hope we don’t have to replace the rabbit just yet – I don’t know just afraid it will die again – positive thinking huh lol .. I think the rabbit died from over feeding and over stimulation. Sometimes when you’re not looking these kids will go to where the rabbit is and feed them. We have timed sessions for feeding but I guess the sneaky kids just cant help themselves though we tell them about the consequences I guess kids will be kids .. Poor bunny! Poor kids!

Some of the kids cry when the rabbits die while some couldn’t care less but for those who are really sentimental about the rabbits, we decided to have a little funeral service for the rabbit. Trust me it’s never easy on the kids when the bunnies return to heaven but a little comfort and coaxing, they get all better. We tell them their little furry friend went to bunny heaven and its happier there with all its bunny friends. They laid some flowers and 10 minutes later they were well on their way to their ever happy hyper selves playing and goofing off and the teachers smile and say yay! Our job is done! Grieving time is over..

September 20th is the day when another earthquake hit Sumatra yet again and it’s actually at the very spot that triggered the tsunami in December 2004 and exactly a week today, the people on that same island was hit by an earthquake this time 6.3 on the Richter scale and the can be felt as far as Singapore especially in places closes to the fault like namely Marine Parade and Beach Road and this wouldn’t be the first time that buildings in those areas have shook due to the earthquake in Sumatra. There were no tsunami warning was issued and the damage wasn’t as bad as last week. It’s just really sad that they have to experience this yet again in Ramadan. I wonder if after today they question God, I would think some them would. i think they must be leaving in fear and anticipation for the next one. – knock on wood. I hope this will be the final one they have to deal with so that the rest of the weeks would be a peaceful one for them.

and I survived another night of weird Starhub wireless. Long enough to complete this entry. So I am going to attempt to go to bed by 1230am .

Have a great night or day depending where you are. Have a splendid time and blog ya laters..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home