Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Quicksand

I think many of us women in particular have been taken in by the words of some sweet talking charmer often thinking it’s the real deal only to find out that it was all just a game – and I am sure when that happens stupidity sets in and as the song says ‘ I must have been so stupid’ and I have to give it to some guys, they have a way of convincing women with their sweet talk and charm and then off they go riding into the sunset alone leaving a bleeding heart to mend. I guess that’s what this song is about.

It does make me wonder how anyone could possible have the heart to do this. Play with another hearts with words and emotions giving them hope painting that picture perfect relationship only to leave them. But I guess talk is cheap.. anyways ..

I love this song in spite of it all.… the lyrics starts with regret, a sense of foolishness, sadness only to pick one self up and move on and be happy. Time does heal the wounds eventually. I think it’s a powerful for anyone who has been in the situation. In a very strange way I can relate to this song and when you’re in the situation you really feel like you’re drowning in quicksand with no help in sight…but then in time you heal..

Take a listen and really feel the words.. and for anyone whose hurting, I believe things get better time usually heals and we will rise from all our sorrows….. *HUGS*..




QuickSand – Natalie Walker

I must have been so stupid
I must have been so out of touch
He must have been so clever
Convincing me that this was really love

Desperate for words
Lost in a maze
It fell apart
I lost my place
It hurt so bad
I cried for days
Time healed all pain
Now I’m okay

How many times can my heart break
Disillusioned by the thought of flawless love
Will I every get there
Or am I drowning in quicksand
With no relief to come

I’ll rise from all my sorrow
Let the sun shine on my face
All alone in comfort
Its my solitude I will embrace

I will rise from my sorrow…

Click here for the song if you cant hear it from the player.

http://profile.imeem.com/MOrwP_/music/MLuNaMpw/quicksand/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home