Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

....am i addicted to the pain?

Ever so often I spend hours reading the blog of others, I love reading about peoples lives, perceptions and its nice to see how much we all have in common even though were scattered all over the globe. In many ways our hurts, our fears are all the same, our hopes how we love are all similar.. Anyways this line that I came across last night struck a cord with me ….

Do I really love him? Or am I addicted to the pain of wanting someone I can’t have?

Quiet a strong statement.. Do we really hold on to the pain of wanting someone we can’t have? Is there even love involved.. Its human nature that we crave for things and people we can’t have whatever the reason may me. Sometimes it’s like we are holding on to a comfort zone worrying that if we let go we can’t find another?

I’m just throwing things at random, my own perception and not from personal experiences either and ‘C’ don’t get any ideas: P …

Anyways I would love to hear what you guys have to say or comment on this topic …. So fire away …….

2 Comments:

Blogger sri said...

Do I really love him? Or am I addicted to the pain of wanting someone I can’t have?

I cant agree with you more than this, We always go after what we cant get. May be the feeling of not getting makes it irrestible. Are we want more drama in our life, we dont watch boring films, same way we want twist and turns and a person who dont like you gives you the challenge to go for it.
we are all just the same, we run behind someone who dont love us, but run away the ones who love us really. Love is hard game. But you can play to win.

The key is to be yourself, Keep your head on shoulders and be ok. Want someone but make sure the person understands you only want the person and dont need that person to be happy :P

By the way thanks for visiting me.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This topic is pretty awesome. Hit the note perfectly. There's some truth in what you mentioned Island Girl. And Srivats, you were right. Just want them but don't need them in order to be happy. Happiness can be found other than in human relationship.

Monday, August 17, 2009 9:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home