Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Monday, April 24, 2006

monday.. 2 mins pass midnight

monday - 2 mins past midnight. today was a long day. mentally and physically. My dinner with mom was cancelled cos of news about my grandma. really killed the mood not forgetting the appetite. I think i am questioning faith again. Why does my grandma has to endure so much? she is 88 years old and the sweetest lady around. I wish she didnt feel so much pain. I know my grandmother - having to be in bed for 3 mths is going to aggravate her even further and when she gets aggravated she gets stressed out which she doesnt need.... i did some chores, went out for a little bit, finally got my glasses done, and hung out with my mom. she is leaving tomorrow :( .. going back to my grandma's seeing how my grandma is my mom is worried - i hope she doesnt worry too much she is not doing very well either....... i think the whole family is going through a lot right now .. but we are keeping strong face everyday that comes with courage.... I hope and pray that my grandma gets well soon and the pain wont be so much for her to bear. One thing tho inspite of what she is going through - she is cheerful laughing and talking.... something i think she has passed down to her granchildren. Her ability to smile through adversity, pain and the fighting spirit that knows no end or consequence. Her years of being indepentant has paid off in her later years - she still wants to do things on her own, even when others tell her not too. She got this way (the cracked hip) because she didnt want to listen to them when tell her to walk on her own, use a walking stick or a wheelchair.. I think they have to understand her spirit - how it keeps fighting to be able to do things on her own. She has been independent since my grandfather passed on not having to depend on anyone, she ran a whole household, cooked and what not for the family and not being to do that now must be really hard on her going from being active to immobile and having to depend on people. She is frustrated sometimes having to depend on the help for a lot of the things she usually did... I hope and pray that she gets all better in less than three months cos knowing my grandma she is not going to be too thrilled about being in bed for recovery during that duration of time .....


MySpace Layouts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home