Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

dreams & kindness

Where my dreams took me last night to new lands places and a race of indigenous people who have no access to the outside world. I was a tourist equipped with a camera taking pictures of a beautiful country of which I know not off. The people look Polynesian so I am guessing I was on of the South pacific Islands. I remembered the ocean of course and the mountains hmmm it could even have been Hawaii. And to think of it, it wasn’t a bad dream at all. I was on vacation and I remembered my laptop, remembered transferring pictures from the memory card and talking to the locals asking them about their life while my cousin hurries me seeing we were going to have dinner with the rest of the family. Mom was there auntie was there – it goes to show that I really to go on a real vacation to an island somewhere and relax and then I shall truly be the island girl who lives on the edge of the water and gets a tan all year through what a life. And I know someone else who would love that – he loves the sea he loves getting tanned among other things *grin*. Btw I love this font color reminds of me ‘c’s font color .. tee hee.. anyways..

It’s a beautiful Thursday morning here in sunny Singapore. It’s a public holiday for the masses but just another day for me seeing I am already on vacation. It’s actually Vesak Day today a holy day for the Buddhist here in Singapore. I feel much better today too I am smiling and am in a good mood. So that is always a plus. I am thinking of what to make for breakfast seeing that will be skipping lunch. My mother is coming later this afternoon and in the evening we will be attending a wedding. Free food hahhaa just kidding .. It’s a relative’s wedding and this was one of those out of the blue we never saw it coming kind of weddings. We heard he was getting married like two weeks ago – talk about fast huh but I think he has known the girl a while now. So after breakfast I have the daunting task of picking out what to wear ;)) .. but for sure it will be something traditional..

Here is a little morning update on my favorite panda and a pic of her too She is a real goof ball - she can get as naughty and as playful as she wants too and still gets away with it - l I can so relate – to her being the goofball not so much about getting away with things .. anyways today’s update is all about the bamboo the giant panda and panda cub’s favorite food .


Wednesday, May 30
Bamboo shooting season is coming to a close in the Atlanta area. So, Yang Yang, Lun Lun, and Mei Lan are enjoying the last few shoots this week. They will have to wait until next spring to have delicious shoots again. Yang Yang and Lun Lun have recently shifted their bamboo species preference to Pseudosasa japonica, which is commonly known as arrow. This bamboo species is tall and thin with very little branching and only a few leaves at the top. It’s a favorite of our pandas.
Rebecca Snyder, PhD
Curator of Giant Panda Research and Management

Source:http://www.zooatlanta.org/animals_giant_panda_cub_updates.htm


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket mei lan playing with her food.

I finally decided what i want for breakfast seeing all that bamboo just made me hungrier for the record bamboo shoots taste pretty good anyways I am going to make me scrambled eggs for breakfast my stomach’s calling out for food so I am off for now till later world , here is a little quote …

Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes the ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate. Albert Schweitzer

The world on the whole has a lot to learn about kindness I think if we had that half of the worlds conflicts would be gone but alas words can influence a man only so much but its his heart and honor that controls everything else. I love how this quote illustrates the way kindness can change a situation and it’s a lesson for all of us. Something else to think about ..

Blog ya laters world ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home