Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Happy Birthday 'C"

Happy Birthday ‘C” …..

Did you see your mei lan today? Wouldn’t be great if you were back home in Atlanta and seeing mei lan on your birthday but alas you are in Iraq – still the same I hope you are as happy about your birthday as mei lan is (I would hope).

It’s late here in Singapore and it took me all day to decide what to write to you on your birthday aside from the birthday card. Things are not at the best between us but that doesn’t mean I forget the birthday of someone who has in the past two years helped me grow and yet allowed retained that child in me who is sometimes curious, sometimes vulnerable and a lot of the times silly. Even as this entry goes to print, its technically still your birthday on both sides of the continent so here is sending you birthday wishes from 3 different time zones and 3 different countries.

I am at a lost as what to say – but I will try my best. Your birthday last year was celebrated with friends – all dressed up, a night out, a limo and all them beautiful women at the clubs. It was a celebration of your 38th and a celebration of your safe & sound return from Iraq. The best part of your birthday was being home and the perk was having an adorable panda to share your birthday with. I remembered the excitement in your words – almost like a little kid knowing that you shared a birthday with is to be known as the cutest little munchkin around.

This year on your 39th though a civilian ,you are where you spent your birthday two years ago in Iraq. None the less I hope your day will be a good and safe one surrounded by friends who care & warm thoughts from family & friends who you are away from. In spite of it all, I always wish all the best for you and today is no exception. As much as I wish you were back home celebrating this day – I hope the day in Iraq would be a little easier and a little happier on your special day. I wish for all the grand wonderful things – big ones and little ones that that you rightly deserve.

An endless trail of wishes, strings & strings of happiness and all the love you rightly deserve. I wish you find whatever it is that you are looking for and when you do find it may it bring you the joy that you expected from it . I wish you will obtain all that your heart desires & on your birthday I present you with a song called ‘I wish you love’ by Rachel Yamagata. The words to the song speaks for itself and in an direct way it’s my birthday present to you if you know what I mean. I think this is the one gift that will make you happy seeing the history that we have .. and all that transpired after ...


..

I wish you bluebirds in the spring
To give your heart a song to sing
And then a kiss, but more than this
I wish you love
And in July a lemonade
To cool you in some leafy glade
I wish you health
But more than wealth
I wish you love
My breaking heart and I agree
That you and I could never be
So with my best
My very best
I set you free
I wish you shelter from the storm
A cozy fire to keep you warm
But most of all when snowflakes fall
I wish you love

Happy Birthday sweetness in the desert. May the year bring you to new places, new people & all the things you could ever hope for and deserve. May God bless you protect you while you’re there & may your heart be free of worries & your face always smiling & happiness surround you always ..

Much love,

Your best friend

groovy island girl ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home