Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

afternoon of voting, kebabs & napping....

afternoon
my mom and cousins are all here... finally. they brought some lunch but i am not eating. we are going out late for dinner so i figured id starve myself till then seeing that dinner tonight would be a bbq/steamboat dinner at Han River Restaurant. anyways... we sat together talked n they loved the kebab i made the day before yay me .. yes cooking keeps me occupied ... so the big pot i made was enough for all the people who turned up that weekend.. kebab is actually my moms recipe - its basically meatballs cooked in a tomato based sauce with spicy and i added extra hot cayenne pepper for extra kick. Aside from meatballs there are potatoes, onions, fresh tomatoes and red chillies in it .... its yummy hah ... its best eaten with bread or pita bread....

my cousin Ida was talking about my grandad about how diffrent he was from the regular guys of his time. How he doted on my grandmother - took her places and how much he adored her and his kids. Its really sweet. She said my grandad was the kind of man who would cook on weekends , take the family out, he was family man. He liked mixed with people of all faiths and cultures. I guess thats where he got a knack for cooking - he learnt it from the diffrent cultures. He would go out marketing early in the morning, sometimes go to the beach where at the time had fisherman bring in fresh catch from the sea. I actually remembered doing this with him once when i was little. He bought a whole lot of shrimp and we got home and boil it with some spices and ate them ..... ahh yes My mom and my late aunt learnt to cook a whole lot of dishes from him .. that was him .. as much as tradition taugh other men to be egotiscal culturally he went againts the norm :) Gotta love the man ...and i was his fav too .. HAH i know .. well its nice to feel special .... heeehee

yes i voted finally not much of a crowd just a whole lot of security.. i didnt decided who i wanted to vote until after i got there that too i wasnt sure.... my moms vote wasnt secret tho cos she has been voting for the same team all her life *giggles*.. that was that .... we all took an afternoon nap ...... for them it was all that food hahahah for me well a case of the flu.... again ..a brief nap to recupurate and be ready for dinner tonight ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home