Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

all about weddings again ...

Just as a sunbeam can't separate itself from the sun
and a wave can't separate itself from the ocean,
"we can’t separate ourselves from one another.
We are all part of a vast sea of love one indivisible divine mind."
-Marianne Williamson


Isn’t that nice .. Its all about love ,lord knows I have a lot of that heehee and i think it fits with my little entry today..

Anyways it’s a nice Sunday night and im really tired. A long day very long no rest in sight it seems.

My morning started with helping mom with the cakes, putting some finishing touches to the cake for the brides table oh did I mention I have to attend a wedding AGAIN today .,Anyways this morning we cute the mocha cake into little squares and frosted it with a little flower with a cherry on top. I love this dessert – its 3 layers of mocha heaven.. The bottom layer is cake, second is egg whites and mocha and the top layer jelly. It’s yummy especially when it’s fresh out of the fridge.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket agar agar mocha aka mocha cake


Next was the frosted fruit cake for the bride & groom’s table. It’s a simple cake and I think it’s really sweet with the little rose buds. We had a mother daughter discussion with regards to the cake which was fun. It does make me feel good when my mom actually has the confidence to ask me ideas on what to decorate a cake with. While she was doing that she said to me you know I think you should go for a cake decorating class so you can do this with me – that really made me happy – we had a talk which is always nice. Anyways enough sappy stuff ..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket rose bud fruit cake

Finally my cousin came over with the extra flowers for the wedding cake. The main one and while mom put lilies on the cake I put little rose buds on the small cake and then my cousin and I was off to the reception hall to send the cakes and there were already a lot of people there which got me uncomfortable. I enjoy assembling the cakes when there are not many people around but that was not it today hah so I kept my cool put up the cake and then left. I realized I get very uncomfortable when all eyes on me and that instance I was .. I came all set to fix the cake and when there people I buckled and this coming from a pre school teacher who stands in front of a class of bright eye kids and deal with parents on a daily basis heehee anyways ……… I rushed home after that to get ready for the wedding yeah I was attending the same wedding in the afternoon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket the wedding cake

The wedding was beautiful as all weddings are. You get the occasional goose bumps and then there are those teary eyed moments and of course the married ones would awwww how nice it would be to walk down the isle again and the unmarried ones wouldn’t it be nice to walk down that isle with someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with. I think weddings those that to people anyways traditionally in Asian weddings functions there is no first dancers for the bride & groom but this one broke away from the norm and had a first dance to wonderful tonight and I salute them for that. its so cool but one must understand that by the time that happened most of the guest have left and the ones who still there were immediate family members but either way it was sweet and me being the incurable romantic that I am was grinning all the while thinking yes yes yes first dance woo hoo …

There was the usual photo taking sessions lots of great music in the background a blend of Arabic, Hindi, English & Malay songs and what is a wedding without dancing right heehe.. the wedding favor was a pretty glass mug with streaks of color. We got extra cause we ‘family’. We are not entirely related by blood but our families have known each for generations and they are just like family now. The aunt of the mother of the bride was my mothers best friend. I think that was the great thing about relationships in the past. The closeness they share that make them as good as family.

By six my aunt was itching to go home and so was my mom so we didn’t wait for everything to be over. We got to bring back extra wedding favors and leftovers from the weddings heehee at least I know I don’t have to cook for a couple of days and I have something to bring to work tomorrow..

When I got home, I crashed caused I was dead tired , I took a little nap and here I am .. now its time to watch Ugly Betty blog ya after the show world ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home