Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

night sky & pandas ..

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. ~Vincent Van Gogh

I took a little walk outside – it was a just a nice night out .. cool air .. a mysterious feel to it .. the moon waning .. still shining brightly with little grey clouds at its side – like little waves on a beach …very pretty .. it was an eerriely beautiful night – not errie haunting just a good eerie. The sky seem to have lit up and just across from the waning moon stands a big bright star – could be a planet but it stood there across from the moon watching it – letting the moon brighten it even further .. gorgeous!

It was a cool windy night and if I could take my laptop downstairs and write I would. The night last seem to offer so much inspiration, a sense of peace & relaxation .. I wish I could have taken that moment inside my house with me .. There is something about the night sky that sets the mood for inspiration, for wonderment. Maybe in its its colors maybe its in the stars and the moon when its out whatever it is truly a sight to behold … and share with people dearest to you ..

While looking out at the big sky, I felt small to the wonders of the universe. How it has control over everything – the rustling of the leaves , the little leave on the ground that is being blown gently away by the wind .. A night like this opens you up to the beauty of the world and the little things that it motions which we take for granted ..

I took the walk to get a clear head, to find some sense of cheer for the night one that is enough to make me smile and I found it in the beauty of the sky and then I wondered about ‘c’ across the sky from me – no news. Should I worry? The mind plays out a million scenarios day in and day out but the heart says don’t lose hope and keep wishing for the best .. hope .. now that’s another story …

And now here I am after being taken in by the beauty of the night sky –

I sit and watch little panda mei lan in her habitat. It is Monday there and the panda cam seems to be working well (knock on wood) don’t want to jinx it .. she is growing none the less but at certain angles you still see as fluffy little baby and it just makes you want to put your hands through the screen and grab her and cuddle her.. she is just sheer warmth when you look at her. I love watching mother and daughter wrestle. Mei lan has new toy ball in her space and I don’t think she likes it much – every time she tries to use it as support it rolls away in the end she gives up and use the climbing structure instead.

Sometimes when I look at the pandas I think that they are playing Simon says .. mom seems to imitate daughter and vice versa it’s a cute little scene to see. Especially when they sleep, same position, one in front of the other. Back to head. And when mei lan wakes up before mom she has a knack of disrupting her moms nap ;)) .. biting on her ears nudging her mom obviously don’t budge she keeps on sleeping and in turn when mei lan sleeps mom bugs here – to them its cuteness for us if someone does that it would probably just piss us off,… Anyways sometime struck me while I watched the cam today – while mom was enjoying her nap on the same branch as mei lan, mei lan was goofing around, scratching herself, rolling around and then she sucked her left paw. Well in my culture when a baby sucks on their toes/feet it means that they want a sibling or one is in the making .. hmmmmmm maybe that’s what mei lan wants too. It would be really nice wouldn’t it ..

And so my day ends here… tomorrow its time to feed knowledge hungry pre schoolers with ways of the world. Today was a day of inspiration a day of feeding the soul and lifting the spirit – thanks to Oprah and a day of warm of and fuzzy with my very favorite panda mei lan and a day of wonderment and awe at the beauty of the night sky. Now I bid the day fare well as I retire into dreamland with thoughts & prayers that the angels watch over ‘c’ and that happiness and all that his heart desires comes his way ..

Photo credit: - http://www.fellspointgallery.org/images/EdwardsNightskyPainting.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home