Groovy Island Girl

thoughts.rants.passions.life.family. interesting finds.good & bad times.friends.people.what matters.what doesnt.what nots - in this journey of life of an island girl in an island state.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

the girls' talking tuesday

Sometimes life baffles me – leaves me wondering. Ann’s husband was re admitted to the hospital after discharged. It’s so sad – sometimes it feels like hope is taking you on a roller coaster ride. I always believe that what doesn’t kill you make you stronger but given a situation like this its just hard to explain but maybe its God’s way of testing us, testing our faith & see how much faith we have in him and how much strength we have – sometimes it seems we have more strength than we know. Anyways, please keep sis Ann and her family in all your prayers. For strength and especially for her husbands recovery. Thank you once again for everyone’s care and concern ..


It’s a Tuesday, late into the night here in sticky warm Singapore where the humidity as of 1137pm stands at 85%. I was wondering why it felt warmer than usual. I don’t mind warm weather just not the humidity but anyways tomorrow is another midweek and it marks the beginning of Ramadan with the start of the first teraweh prayers which is not obligatory but encouraged and this congregational prayer is done only in Ramadan.


This morning I had a doctor’s appointment seeing how tired I have been feeling among other pains. Anyways I am not big on waiting in hospitals waiting room but I guess today I had to be patient and join everyone else. The check up went well but I sure felt like a test subject. Blood test this test and that test hahaha but I guess its for my own good. As far as my test results are concerned I won’t get it back in like a week or so time but if there is something seriously wrong well they will call me personally. But the doctor re assured me that I was alright aside from my very low blood pressure which is causing much of the lethargy. She gave me a day off tomorrow telling to rest really rest and not get stressed out I said sure but knowing me that is not going to happen *eveil grin*. She gave me some tabs and sent me on my way – so instead of heading home I headed to work for the afternoon class and a meeting after – whoopee see how I excited I was about the staff meeting hahaah do you sense a tinge of sarcasm ;)) …. I guess in all honesty I didn’t want to miss all the action a staff meeting brings hehehe .. well anyways ..


I came back home all sticky and tired (blame it on the weather) after relaxing and a shower, I opened my ever loyal recipe box and started to look through recipes. I didn’t realize my recipe cut outs was in such a mess. While I was sorting them out, I had an idea. I decided to place all my recipes in a box and every time I out of ideas on what to cook or feel like trying something I can always pick a few recipes like 4 at random and chose one from there that strikes me as yummy – seems cool enough of an idea for me. My random recipe box and I would think this would come in handy during Ramadan. But of course i have planned some of the meals ahead – what I would make but you know when you’re fasting you would tempted to eat a whole lot of different foods sometimes when you’re sitting you would be craving this and that but come iftar and a few dates and water later you don’t feel that hungry. Iftar is the time when we break our fast just incase any one is wondering. So when we cook we make sure its done in moderation so that nothing is wasted.


Anyways, the panda family had another birthday yesterday. It was papa’s Yang Yangs 10th birthday – its so cool the whole family of Lun Lun, Mei Lan & Yang Yang have birthdays within weeks of each other. So in the past three weeks or so zoo Atlanta has had some beary birthdays. Here is papa panda’s birthday update and some adorable pictures of him …


Monday, September 10
Well, we have finished all of the panda bear birthdays here at Zoo Atlanta. We concluded the celebrations yesterday with Yang Yang turning 10 years old. He received a painted paper bag with Tabasco Sauce and a ball inside. He started off with self anointing himself with the bag. This caused the blue non-toxic paint to rub off all over his nose (and he still has some left on the end of his nose today). Then he tossed the bag around till it ended up in the moat in the outdoor habitat- where he left it for the remainder of the morning. All in all, I think Yang Yang, Lun Lun, and Mei Lan enjoyed their special birthday enrichment items over the last 3 weeks.
Kate Roca

Carnivore Keeper II



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think they are just cutest panda family I have actually ever paid attention too. You watch television you see pandas but you don’t really get to follow their progress unlike this particular family. Earlier on just as I switch the panda cam on I saw the cutest sight of momma and daughter wrestling which obviously started with mom nudging little mei lan ;)) .


Anyways that’s for now maybe I will post some recipes after this if anyone wants to try so till then have a great morning noon or night and remember ..


Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more."

- Erica Jong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home